Wednesday, June 22, 2011

some thoughts

So last night, I felt the spirit so strong.  I read through a conference talk, my patriarchal blessing, my scriptures, listened to church music, and It was just incredible.  I stayed up all night organizing and unpacking the rest of my stuff.  I didn’t finish til around 1:30AM so I thought it was odd that I was getting a text message.  I checked it and it was so mean and rude! There were a few rude text messages from this person that were just completely unnecessary.  I ended up not being able to sleep and luckily my brothers were up so I hung out with them and texted my boyfriend to let him know I wanted to hear from him when he woke up.  As soon as my phone flashed red I was so happy just from that.  We talked about it and he made me feel so much better.  I don’t know how I got lucky enough to have someone like him.  He is so sweet and I just can’t even describe how much I like him!
After he turned it around and made me happy, I was able to sleep.  But later that morning I went out to my car and he left me the cutest little thing.  He used sticky notes to make a smiley face and each sticky note had a quote on it. and they were exactly what I needed to hear.  I was just so happy and I don’t know what I did to deserve him but I am so glad I have him.
Then I got up to get ready for work and I had another text from my boss giving me the day off! Boy, did I need to hear that! So I got to relax and hang out with my siblings.
The Lord really does know us.  He knows what we need and he uses worthy people as instruments in his hands to deliver to us what we need.  I am so thankful for that, and for people listening to that little voice.  I am such a blessed girl and I am so thankful for this Gospel that I was raised in and for the relationship that I have with my Father in Heaven.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we just need a reminder!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for YOUR blessings, because they end up being MY blessings too. And then, as you recognize them, it helps you to be more ready to listen to "that little voice" and feel the huge uplift that happens when you are the one who gets to deliver what the Lord needs sent to someone else. He never stops blessing us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete