Monday, August 23, 2010

the gun is loaded and ready to fire

You can relate 'the gun' to school and homework is the bullet that is loading it. and ready to fire is my way of saying i finished and am prepared for the next class.
So my first class is at 9am. its Acting 101. The class seems nice, and there seem to be many neat people in there. We did some interesting activities with each other.
my second class is at 10 right down the hall, and That class i am having mixed feelings about.  I am sure it will be interesting and I will learn a lot of new things but the teacher is a little ditzy. She is the volleyball coach and my friends and I already haven't had very pleasant encounters with the team, so i don't know how i feel about that. The girls in that class seem kinda standoffish and it was intimidating.  One of the volleyball players is in that class too. But on the bright side there is a guy from Brazil in that class and he seemed really nice. hopefully i will make a friend in that class.
Following that class I have English 101. I met a girl named Tyler that I sat next to. My professor seems like a good teacher. His class is the one that I had homework in. I had to read 6 sections in a writing book, along with JFK's inaugural address and write a response on it. It took me near an hour but i completed it all. In that class there is also a guy from the military. I want to get to know him. That class seems pretty promising for me. I am excited for the semester to progress.
After English i have a 2 hour break. to eat lunch and get ready for my costume construction class. In my two hour break i had lunch and then had an interview for a job in the fine arts building as a tech. I will find out wednesday if I got the job or not. I am going to leave it in the Lords hands though. if he feels like i will benefit from it then i will get it but if i don't i know there is a good reason.
My costume construction class only has 3 others. 4 total. and we meet in our professors office. it shall be an interesting class. but I am excited to learn more about sewing and such.
Tonight we have family home evening at the Institute building, and after that we are having a movie night and ice cream for one of my roommates because today is her birthday!
tomorrow my first class is at 9:30.   I feel like i am doing good. i am going to succeed this year at so much.   I have student council meeting every tuesday night and wednesday i am running for an office in the drama club. My goal is to get the founders spirit award.  
Next tuesday are open auditions for the fall play. I need to get on that.

1 comment:

  1. What class do you have 2nd?

    Also, you are going to SMOKE English right outta the room! Remember how you scored at the top like 5% of the STATE? No sweat-you got this in your back pocket. ESPECIALLY when you get right on that homework so quick. I'm proud of you!!

    And WHOA! Auditions already? AND the running for office and student council meetings...you're going to love being so involved! Keep up the good attitude and remember to take good care of yourself. Love you.

    ReplyDelete